PEOPLE’S DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
PDS is currently serving diverse clients from the Somali, Oromo, Amhara, Liberians, Middle East, Karen and African American communities. Peoples Development Services is heavily ingrained in the Twin Cities community, we are strategically located for the convenience of those we serve and are continually out in the community doing outreach, spreading the word on the culturally responsive services we provide that benefit those we serve.
PDS empowers clients with comprehensive social services and behavioral health for those who come through our doors regardless of their socio-economic backgrounds. PDS has a strong partnership with communities, religious institutions, and both local and state entities.
PDS strives to offer culturally competent, holistic, and wellness focused services that promote the social, physical, and mental well-being of the individuals in the communities we serve.
- Protect the dignity and privacy of those who we serve.
- Promote the health and quality of client’s life.
- Empower individuals to be healthy, prosperous, and engaged in their communities.
- Provide services to individuals regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, disability, gender, and socio-economic status.
- Respect, compassion, kindness, and hospitality are the foundations for all those who seek our services.
The goal of PDS is to address barriers that individuals face, so that they can live in their communities independently, and lead a more fulfilling life.
PDS staff approaches mental health care by addressing the physical (body) and mental (mind) with a holistic approach to guide individuals toward achieving their goals. PDS staff are compassionate, bilingual, bicultural, and licensed mental health professionals from all walks of life.