SOAR, which stands for SSI/SSDI, Outreach, Access, and Recovery is a program designed to increase access to SSI/SSDI for those who are experiencing or at-risk of experiencing homelessness and have mental illness, medical impairment, and/or co-occurring substance use disorders.
PDS SOAR Advocate will assist individuals collecting the necessary information, completing necessary SSA forms to file a comprehensive application packet to SSA, and aiding them through the determination process. PDS SOAR advocate services can be accessed at no cost to all individuals that are receiving government assistance.
PDS Social Security advocates will help you:
- Provide services free of charge
- Answer your questions
- Conduct an initial screening and intake assessment
- Act as your Authorized Representative with the Social Security Administration
- Help you fill out forms and talk with Social Security representatives
- File an appeal if your application is denied
- Represent you in a continuing disability review