PDS Immigration Service is provided by specialist who has extensive experience and training completing all forms required by USCIS. The immigration specialist can represent clients in immigration offices and accompany them during their interview at the Department of Homeland Security Office. This is a fee for service program; a sliding-fee scale will be applied for low-income clients.
- Consultations: Provide preliminary consultation to determine immigration needs.
- Outreach to USCIS & Other government entities: Accompany client at interviews and follow ups related to immigration applications filed by PDS representative.
- Completion of immigration forms: Assist with United States naturalization, green cards-permanent residency, employment authorization forms, family reunification, Visas, adjustment status, National Visa Center processing forms, etc.
Undocumented immigrants (when available) Assist with the completion of the application process, community resources and connect with legal assistance.
PDS Employer Counselor provide financial skills to low-moderate income individuals and families – Financial skills is designed to promote financial stability and sustainable economic gains for clients. PDS counselor provides a comprehensive set of services to families and individuals to strengthen and help them gain skills. PDS specialist provides individuals & families the support and tools to realize their full potential and lead healthy, stable lives.
Services Provided: Income, Benefits, MNsure, & Community Resources:
- Prescreen clients for all county or government eligibility
- Connect & assist individuals and families to apply public benefits such as unemployment, food-stamps, cash and SSI/RSDI.
- Emergency services-shelter, assistance and local community resources.
- Information and referral services
- MNsure-help individuals and families submit health insurance applications.
- Legal aid-Connect free or reduced fee legal services.
- Legal Guardianship: Support and help families complete guardianship paperwork.
- Translation/interpretation services-Assist non-English speaking individuals with interpreting or translation of documents.
- Help gather all supportive documents to obtain benefits.
- Coach & assist for individuals applying for jobs; resume help & mock interview.